Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nairobi day 3- CIDA Internship 2011

Hello outside world!

I will post more on this when I have more access to internet- but just wanted to write a big hi hello I'm alive and well on here incase anyone is checking to see what I've been writing/doing since I left Vancouver on Saturday.

All I will say is that it took forever to get here and I was devastated for leaving Dan Bryce and cried my eyes out like a baby for most of my travels..but was greeted by my lovely Africa early Monday morning and have enjoyed myself getting to know the staff at Make A Better World Kenya (MABWOK) where I will be working, and the people I am staying with for the week- (Dan Ongola and family- founding director of Matibabu Foundation) a few Canadian girl volunteers here with SEED, and a few others. I will be moving into an apartment this weekend hopefully with a girl who works for the UN, it's a beautiful apartment and I think it will be a great connection.

All in all things are going well, I am well looked after, healthy, fed, excited to get into my own place and really starting working and getting settled..as its the unsettledness that makes me miss the stability of home and of my lovely Daniel.

please email me vkharris@gmail.com or contact me on Facebook- Victoria Harris or add me on Skype- victoriakathrynharris.

And feel free to read my other blog- Dan and I's food blog- I believe you can access it from this blog. Daniel and Victoria's Love, Life, and Food for Thought.

Love you all!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Vic,
Glad to hear you are settling in! Can't wait to see some photos.
Love MOM

KCedar said...

Glad to hear you made (even if it was a bittersweet journey) Miss you tons, let's set up a Skype date <3