Monday, June 11, 2007

listen to the sound of the world





You can’t see it, but around his waist is a black band, a sign that he is seeing the witch doctor to cure his illness.

You can’t see it, but his tummy is as round as santa claus’…and I guarentee it’s not from eating cookies and candy. The worms in his stomach are eating his insides.

You can’t see it, but he’s staring at his house…which is made of mud and brick and a few branches that get washed clear when there is a tropical storm..which happens often in the rainy season.

You can’t feel it, but his bottom isn’t as soft as a “baby’s bottom” should be.

You can’t hear it, but his voice screams “I LOVE JESUS!!” with more passion than Billy Graham.

You can’t see me…or the tears that form in my eyes and splash onto the paper as I try to sketch his photo.
So much you can’t see, feel or hear..just from one little bare bottom.

4 comments:

Chanel K said...

Hey babe,
I love the pictures, I haven't checked since I left HK, but wow, they're beautiful! I'm just trying to figure out how to post some...
Miss you, love you, thinking of you!
Chanel ><

Laura said...

Morning Vic,
I also love the pictures. Too bad you lost your usb thingie and can't post anymore? I'm looking forward to reading your blog Chanel too! Hope that you can save your pictures anyways til you come home. Love MOM

Wendy K said...

Hey Vicki,
I can't imagine being around all those adorable children. You just want to scoop them up and give them all your love & hugs! Very heartbreaking to say the least!

Do take care, think of you girls more often then I dare mention. Your Mom & I are sure living vicariously through you both and your exciting adventures...oh to be young & willing to live outside the box!

Wendy, Mom #2 to you, although I expect you've got a lot of Mom #2's out there!

motherearth said...

really enjoyed this post vic-made me have a view splashes here too- thinkin about ya-xoox deb s