Tuesday, July 3, 2007

closing time

closing time

every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.

Closing time

Time for you to go home to the places you will be from
…………………………………………………………….


i learned how to dance ' calipso' with leslie and the TASO drama/dance group the other day


what IS this thing around my waist anyways?



good friend charlie lifting herself into a kayak that's attatched to the roof at the ADRIFT rafting base, where we celebrated CANADA DAY the other night...making all our british friends celebrate with us.
these are some of the good friends we live with....bruce, with les

me, with will, pete and sam...
leslie, pete and i on a school bus...

great friend and welcome home director ESTHER!!!! my little porto rican...she is seriously 4'11. i love her anyways. ;)
and of course, my other half leslie

thank goodness i don't have to say goodbye to HER today as well!


Leslie and I leave town tomorrow morning for the capital city of kampala for the night and then jump on a 10 hr bus ride to neighboring country of Rwanda- to the capital of Kigali. I am immensely excited… I have received confirmation in the past few days that we WILL get to meet my sponsor child who lives in Rwanda! I was unsure if it was actually going to happen- but it looks like it is in the cards for us. We are SO pumped… we are going shopping for new dresses, toys and food for pelagie and her family to bring to the compassion international project site they live at just outside of Kigali. I get choked up just thinking about meeting her- this little 7 year old girl that has been able to go to school and her family to eat because of a meager $30 a month. I’m so stoked that this is one dream that’s become reality………how surreal.

I’ll return to kampala after about 10 days for a few remaining nights with leslie and some other good friends that are coming into the city to see us off…then I fly out to London, England for 3 days to be a tourist…luckily I have some friends that will be around that live in London that are going to show me the sights ! And then I will fly into Vancouver on july…19th I think?

Time has flown by as it usually does. What to say when leaving a place and heading for another? Leaving part of my heart in yet another country? Yet Africa has GIVEN me a part of my heart- a new part that I could not have received if I had not traveled here.

And to answer your question- yes, I will be back.

“when Jesus commanded us to care for the widows and orphans, He wasn’t speaking in metaphor. He really meant it. In Africa, that’s the greatest thing anyone could do”-jena lee, hope in the dark











'

No comments: